Sunday, November 16, 2008

Alligator flakes

The mitten got its first real snowfall of the year today. I immediately turned on Christmas music, made hot cocoa, opened the blinds and snuggled up on the couch to watch the flakes fall. I will, of course, only enjoy the snow until the holidays are over and then it will become the bain of my existence and will constantly make me late for work.

I do enjoy this time of year though. Putting on boots, wearing scarves, mittens and hats, sipping foamy lattes at my local coffee shop while frozen strangers burst in to get out of the cold. Steamed up windows from afternoon baking. I think, however, one of the simplest pleasures I get out of this time of year is just the fact that everything seems a bit more magical. Like everyone lets themselves take a break from their cynical lives for just a moment, and realize that the world is a pretty good place after all.

image via somewhereinAK

No comments:

Backtrack