Sunday, November 30, 2008

"And wouldn't you know it, I was one turkey short..."

Thanksgiving is fast becoming one of my favorite holidays. I've noticed that unless you're cooking, the holiday is relatively low-stress, and usually encourages getting drunk in the early afternoon. At least in my family. There is also no shortage of my favorite foods, great stories (usually involving family turkey debacles...live turkey debacles, mind you), family bonding (hence why drinking is a must) and I find that I'm usually in bed at a decent hour. What's not to love?

I finally got my Christmas tree up, and somehow knew deep down, that it was not long for this world. As soon as it was plugged in and shining in all its glory, my cat gave it a look of pure determination as if to say "I will defeat you". Two days into her mission, the lights have been chewed through, leaving one sad strand to weakly blink on and off, and all ornaments have been moved up out of reach of batting paws. Christmas tree FAIL. Cat is currently sitting on my down blanket looking satisfied.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sadly, this is why i no longer even attempt a xmas tree - essentially one giant, blinking cat toy. maybe when they're a little older??

Relatively Painless said...

I attempted Christmas Tree part duex last night. We'll see how long this one lasts.

I did buy a laser pointer to distract the cat. Its working. She goes bonkers!

Dallas Shaw said...

just found your blog and wanted to tell you how amazing your photos are

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Backtrack