Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shoe fairy

With my lack of income lately, it's been hard to keep up the lifestyle I was used to living (ok, who am I kidding, even with a job it was hard to support that lifestyle. ANYWAY). The state of Michigan may help me pay my bills, but it leaves little money leftover to support my shoe fetish. Yet, I always seem to find a way to find a good bargain and spoil myself now and then.

I've been needing a new pair of black boots all season, and have managed to get by with my old ones, or a smart pair of heels (which turned out to be not so smart once they were filled with snow). I figured I'd wait until winter was almost over to see if I could snag a pair at a good price. I went into DSW yesterday and after dealing with the most pushy saleswoman EVER (seriously woman, I haven't even looked around yet and you're nipping at my heels. Down girl!), I managed to find a few pairs I liked. My hopes were squashed when I discovered that the styles I wanted (black, leather, slouchy) weren't available in my size or were only left in brown. Ready to face failure, I wandered back in the clearance section. There, nestled in between last seasons canvas espadrilles and a god awful pair of loafers were the perfect pair of black leather rounded toe slouchy boots. In my size. For $34.

I think it's safe to say, I win at life.

No comments:

Backtrack