Monday, February 23, 2009

Think Green!

I just returned from a weekend in Northern Michigan at my family's cottage. It was deliciously relaxing and full of family bonding time. Despite how much I love my family, it is nice to be back and have the house to myself for a few days while my parents continue to play up north. Plus, I was back just in time for the Oscars. Angelina's earrings and ring were amazing! Being an accessories gal myself, I think the classic black dress with bold jewelry is the way to go.

I have quite a lot of trips planned in the next few weeks. Two wonderful friends out in New York City bought me a plane ticket so I could spend some time with them. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me, and I think I'll have to make a trip to my favorite vintage store to find them some treasures. While I'm in NYC I'm meeting with a creative recruiting agency in hopes that they will find me some work. It's been quiet as of late, but I figured it doesn't hurt to get some face time in.

After New York I rest for a few days and then head to Chicago for a week and a half to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and visit friends. St. Patty's has always been one of my favorite days of the year, and they do it right in Chicago. The green river, the South Side parade, the street performers- it is a blast! I can't wait to roam the city, decked out in green and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

St. Patty's as well as Angelina's Oscar getup have me thinking green and I was inspired by these adorable green accessories on Etsy.


Green clutch from Sidneyann

Vintage Emerald Earrings from AmberSky




Mini Pillow by Kalla

No comments:

Backtrack