Wednesday, May 13, 2009

An open letter to the Biggest Loser

Dear Biggest Loser, 

I love you, I really do.  You're guaranteed to make me cry at least once a week, and you inspire people to change their lives in the most positive of ways.  HOWEVER, what is the deal with last night's finale?  

Helen weighing in at 117 pounds shocked me!  She's a 48 year old woman!  That cannot be healthy for anyone!  

Side note: Helen, darling, please just maintain for now, maybe eat a cookie.  You look great, but enough with the scary skeletal figure.  You need some curves!

I know that the BL's whole philosophy is about teaching a healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise, but I wonder how many contestants take it to the extreme?  I suppose, when you have people who have been obsessive eaters in the past, it would be very easy for them to become obsessive with their diet and workout routines, and try to push their weight loss as far as they can.   Maybe setting a 'healthy weight' for them at the start wouldn't be a bad idea.  

Let's work on that for next season, ok?

Love,
K


No comments:

Backtrack